Friday, September 28, 2012

Forgiving Eyes - Michael Card

Surrounded with shouts the cruel accusations Dragged to the court, no hope of salvation All hope was lost for those who had caught me Knew what I was, they knew all about me
I thought it seemed strange as we entered in They stopped a young rabbi to ask his opinion Caught in the act, their reason for hating My body could feel the stones that were waiting My judge, a man from Galilee In His eyes so gentle I could see A father and a brother and a son Just as I saw Him, the hope I had lost became born again I was not hopeless, though I'd been lost Now, I felt I was found when He looked at me With His forgiving eyes The crowd gathered round, so angry and violent But He stood beside me, peaceful and silent Then with a word, with one question, He showed them That they too were guilty and could not condemn The next thing I knew, He asked me, "Where are they?" And I looked around the courtyard was empty The stones scattered 'round, the warm morning sunlight He'd made the darkness perfectly light In this new light now I understood He would not condemn me though He could For He would be condemned someday for me Just as I saw Him, the hope I had lost became born again I was not hopeless, though I'd been lost Now, I felt I was found when He looked at me With His forgiving eyes Forgiving eyes Read more: MICHAEL CARD - FORGIVING EYES LYRICS

No comments: