Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Celebrating the Small Stuff.


A few days ago, I read this by Emily, encouraging us to celebrate "what is while anticipating what is to come." I am so guilty sometimes of not paying attention to the small stuff that my life is filled with. My beautiful wife name is Joicy and brought Joy to my life. Just by looking back six month ago, I may find myself with multiable arrows pointing in every direction. But between the many busy thing that married new life brings on me, Looking at the cardboard sign that I took from Old Navy to hang on our Christmas tree, with the words JOY printed on it. I have to say that in many situation that I have been focus on the things that made me lose my joy, that cardboard is a good reminder of the JOY that came to my heart the moment I saw her walking down the aiel.
I am learning that relationship does not have to be prefect to be beautiful.



Another thing, that we, or I most lost track of the people who are around us. The people and friend that God blessed me with. In the every day moment I would come across many situation where I find someone who said an encouraging word or spoke blessing to my heart. The people we meet in every single day shape our lives in many different way and we owe it to ourselves to stop and pay attentions to them and notice their influnce on us and relize that power of these relationship we make.



Today out of no where, a co-worker got me a gift :) and it was Christmas origami kit box. What a sweet surprise. She saw the Japanese flower I made for Joicy and figured out that I love making things out of papers and and she was right on the money.




One last thing, I am blessed with is the change of season. Living in New England in winter isn't an easy task. But when I take a closer look, I see that I am blessed with the change, I am really blessed. God has giving me the eyes to see his beauty in whatever happens around me. It is a blessing to recognize that beauty in the change of season and give the credit all the God instead on the complains that I may carry on once a while.

And now, since we should be writing about small things,here is a small thing, but huge on the other hand. I just read those words by Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam

"How frequently do you stop to relish in the simplistic beauty that surrounds you?
'Stop and smell the roses," isn't just a catch phrase...it's a way of life. A choice to make.It's about intentionally nurturing our soul, not only through beauty, and building relationships, but through the celebration of the specialness of the moment. This moment.Right now, take some time and choose to "smell the roses"..."

Those words are so true and very inspiring to be motivated and take the initiative to enjoy every day life that God had given us and realizing that all is GIVEN by him and for him.

1 comment:

emily freeman said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I really appreciate that you remember to be thankful for the seasons in New England. What a wonderful thing to celebrate when it may be easier to choose to complain about the cold. Great post!